muuter Tools and Resources
New! (and beta) Direct message muuter from any device
Now you can use Twitter Direct Messages to send commands to muuter.
Here's how DMs work: from any app or device, including SMSs sent through your mobile phone, you can send a message with a special format to muuter. You can even add a personalized message if you want to "take a stand" about (or against) something or someone.
First and foremost:
You need to sign in and then click on this link to set up DM service for your account. If you already used it, most likely you don't need to enable it.
To keep the service enabled, please don't unfollow @muuter, as this helps in staying within some follow ratios imposed by Twitter. We'll keep the noise down.
d muuter who how_many range dm_or_pub personalized_message
d muuter someone 3 d dm man, you're too much (d = days, dm = private notification)
d muuter someone 8 h dm after the conference I'll follow you again (h = hours)
d muuter someone 1 w pub I've had it with yo mama jokes! (w = weeks, pub = public tweet)
d muuter someone 2 d (no message)
d muuter someone 3 (numbers alone default to hours)
d muuter someone (no time specified defaults to 2:00 hours)
- We're testing this, please notify us if something doesn't work as expected.
- You need to be signed in and have us authorized on Twitter
- The maximum time to mute is 7 days, in whatever combination you choose, from 1 week to 168:00 hours.
- More detail requires all the preceding parts. So if you want to mute someone for days instead of hours, you'll need to indicate how many. And if you want to set a personalized message, you first need to specify time, range and public/private.
- muuter checks for DMs every minute, so you can receive messages from your muted contact while we're in our way to process your command(s).
We've developed two great bookmarklets so you can mute noisy Twitter users without even coming to our site.
Here's how bookmarklets work: we'll give you two links you can drag to your bookmarks bar (or right-click [Ctrl-click on a Mac] and 'Add Link to Bookmarks...').
Once you bookmark our link(s), you can use muuter right on your friends Twitter profiles, or just selecting their name and clicking on any of our bookmarks, without ever leaving the page.
Now to the point
Two bookmarks: one quick, another flexible. Drag one or both to your Bookmarks bar and test 'em to your heart's content.
Shut up! With this link saved in your bookmarks you will mute anyone for 2:00 hours. Quick and easy, no questions asked.
Keep quiet! Will open a small box with the full muuter form for you to select the length of the mute, notify your friend or tell the world. Try it right here, click now!
- If you select a name, it will take precedence. If nothing is selected on the page, the profile page you're in is evaluated.
- You have to be signed in to use these bookmarks effectively.
- If something's off, check that your popup blocker doesn't get in the middle of the operation.